The Inkwell Playwright’s Promise Award
The Inkwell Theater Development LAB is excited to present the fourth annual Playwright’s Promise Award at the 2018 Hollywood Fringe Festival. The Playwright’s Promise Award recognizes the writer of a Fringe production. It is based on the play itself, not necessarily the production.
1) Your production must be registered in the 2018 Hollywood Fringe Festival and have at least 4 performances.
2) Your production must have 2 or more performers (no solo or single performer shows).
3) Your production must be fully scripted (no improvised elements).
4) You agree to provide a minimum of 2 complimentary tickets to judges from Inkwell Theater. A representative from Inkwell will email you with comp requests.
5) You must register your show for the award with Inkwell by completing the submission form, which will be available in April when the Fringe Festival has published the awards listings.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our judging panel is comprised of veteran, award-winning Los Angeles theatre directors, playwrights, actors, designers and producers, as well as Inkwell’s Artistic and Literary staff.
Each eligible production will be seen by members of the panel, and the play will be assigned a score in categories including, Use of Character, Plot, Structural elements, Language, Implementation of Style, and Unique Voice. These categories will be averaged to determine the score of the play.
The playwright of the winning production will be guaranteed a staged reading of their NEXT play, which will be cast, rehearsed and produced by The Inkwell Theater in our 2018-19 season. They will also receive a “Golden Pen” statuette.